About Adventures with
Autism, Down syndrome, and Epilepsy, Inc.
Adventures with Autism, Down syndrome, and Epilepsy, Inc. is a vital 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that attempts to moderate the negative impacts of apathy and lack of available respite events for families with special needs. Our organization’s projects, implemented by a well-trained staff, focuses on the wellbeing of the caregivers by providing opportunities for them to relax, relate, and exhale through conferences and vacations. Supporting the development of mind, body, and soul, Adventures with Autism, Down syndrome, and Epilepsy, Inc. provides as many individuals as possible with a thorough foundation for future success.
A Day at Sea with AWADAE
- 7:45 – 9 am – Breakfast – Dining Room – Deck 3 / Windjammer Café – Deck 11
- 8:30 am – 10 am – Private Family Time
- 10 am – Pool Time or Water park
- 11 am – Respite with staff in Adventure Ocean – Deck 12
- 11 am – Excursion Meeting – Olive & Twist (Private Session) – Deck 14
- Noon – Lunch (Dining Room Reserved) or Windjammer Cafe
- 1:00 pm – Group Picture –Mandatory)
- 2:30 pm to 3:30 pm – Group Mingle & Dance Party (70’s Theme) – Star Lounge – Deck 5
- 5:30 pm – Dinner (Door Decorating Event Contest Winner Announcement)
- 7:45 pm -10 pm – Respite Care in Adventure Ocean on Deck 12 / Chapel on Deck 15
- 8 pm – Cocktail Hour (Adults Only) – Star Lounge on Deck 5
Words of the Founder
Travel has always been a huge part of mine and my family’s life. When our children were home we took for granted taking a weekend off to refresh our minds and relationship, or going on family vacations. But the families we serve don’t always have that opportunity.
Caregivers who love and care for special needs children or family members put themselves last. Making sure they are providing the best care and opportunity for those they love is always first and foremost in their minds. This leaves very little time for them to leave for a day or two, or sometimes even hours to meet with their friends, spend time with their significant other, or provide special one on one time for their other children.
AWADAE was created so we can focus on devoted and deserving caregivers. We bring qualified staff onboard our trips to provide respite care and activities, while our Caregivers enjoy rest, rejuvenation, and reconnecting. Our professional staff comes from special education, behavioral, physical, and speech therapist backgrounds. And they are people who enjoy working with our families.
There is nothing more exciting than seeing the faces of our families as they:
- Play Putt Putt golf
- Participate in dance and art therapy
- Themed parties
- Attend shows
- Visit beautiful islands
Our caregivers attend workshops like:
- Wine tastings
- SP Club (special dads)
These workshops provide additional skills to caregivers in order to keep their patient relationships healthy. Everything we do is to show the caregivers how important they are and appreciated.
Thank you in advance for helping us make these families dreams comes true. Thank you for helping us create family memories and experiences our families will cherish forever!